The Twyford & Ruscombe Horticultural Association was founded in 1955 as a ‘not for profit’ organisation run by volunteers.
Their objectives are to:
- Promote gardening and allotment cultivation to all ages
- Hold meetings on horticultural topics for members
- Stage shows for members
- Offer gardening supplies at discounted rates
- Organise visits and days out to places of interest
- Provide an informative monthly newsletter to members.
They pride themselves on being a community organisation and their committee and members have supported a number of local horticultural projects, including Twyford in Bloom.
Annual membership fees are only £6 per family or £5 for senior citizens. Members have access to The Trading Store open on Sunday mornings in Loddon Hall Road, Twyford.
Here they can buy a wide range of gardening goods at favourable prices and enjoy meeting others and exchanging information in a vibrant gardening and social hub.