Twyford litter pick
Sun 11 October 2020
From 10am (or other preferred time)
Road(s) of your choosing
The organisers of TRIP - Twyford Rethinks Its Plastics - are planning the annual litter pick in Twyford on 11 October 2020, kicking off at 10.00 am.
Since meeting in a large group is impossible due to Covid, residents are invited to join in the litter pick by organising their own small groups of 'cleaner-uppers'. It won't be possible to gather in a central point as in the past, so this year is all about lots of mini events taking place at the same time. That way we'll still be making a joint effort to clean up our village and make an impact.
Don't let the virus stop our work to have a litter-free environment!
The following rules will apply on the day:
- We need volunteers please! The entire family can be out doing a wonderful thing for the planet – cleaning up!
- Please provide your own litter picks as we cannot get any loaned to us due to Covid.
- We plan to start at 10am, but you can choose an alternative time that suits you.
- Provide your own blue litter bags – take more than one as it will be good to separate recyclable items (cans, plastic water bottles etc) from the non-recyclable waste.
- Pick a street or area you think needs cleaning up: if the street you live in is ok, go for a walk in the neighbourhood and find an area with more litter.
- Wear hi-visibility vests, both adults and children – be seen!
- If accompanied by children or dogs, keep them safe and off the roads.
- Take photos of the bags of litter you have collected and post them on the TRIP Facebook group (link above).
- Take your filled litter bags home with you and add them to your household waste or recycling collection.
- If you have any questions, please email them through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to having a great day and hope you can join us.